Mug sublimation is a trending business nowadays. With its popularity, the question “Can I sublimate a mug twice?” Is also asking frequently. The answer is quite simple, “Yes”. you can sublimate your favorite mugs many times you want to do. The mug will not be damaged but the colors may be affected during re-sublimation. Old colors of sublimation may affect new designs and colors.
Why do you need to sublimate a mug?
Are you a mug collector? Looking to develop your business? Fanatical about coffee? Or just someone who needs a morning kick starts? Mug sublimation is a great idea to do with all the above-mentioned questions. Everyone uses a mug every day. Sublimated mugs can be a practical gift to your special ones. It is also a good reminder to be in the memory of someone.
The coffee mug has been around for many years and will still be popular in the future. With the increased awareness of the environment, and with the price of coffee going up, there are more people and businesses that are switching to a reusable coffee mug. Sublimation printing is gaining popularity with the idea of printing mugs. There are a lot more online shops that are specializing in selling sublimated coffee mugs. So, Mug sublimation is a perfect tool for a small business.
These mugs can be used as a promotional item for business or to gift someone on a special occasion.
Type of the Mug
Sublimated mugs are special mugs that are designed to print or customization. Mugs that are used in sublimation are made of ceramic that is considered ideal for prints or sublimation inks. White ceramic mugs are widely used for this process.
The Imprinting Process of Sublimating a Mug
Sublimation of mugs is an easy process. Following are the steps involved in:
- In order to sublimate the mug, you must create a design on the computer.
- The design can be created using different software such as Adobe Photoshop, Gimp Design, Coral Draw, etc.
- It is suggested to preheat the mug before going into the process. Preheating will help to improve the quality of the image and minimize the risk of fading out the bottom of the mug. It also avoids a sudden change in temperature that may cause cracks in ceramic.
- Use Sublimation printer, and dye-sub ink to print out your design on sublimation paper. We have created a list of Best Sublimation Printer of 2022 For Mug Printing.
- With the help of scissors trim the printed paper and wrap the paper tightly around the mug to avoid creasing during the placing of the mug in the heat press.
- Set the temperature of the Cricut Mug press to 180 Celsius or 400 Fahrenheit and set the time from 4-5 minutes, put the mug into a Cricut press without folding transfer paper.
- After completion of time take out the mug with the help of an oven mitt, remove the taped paper from the mug and allow the mug to cool.
Although it is an easy process it requires time and experience for perfect printing.
Check out our article How to sublimate a mug (Detailed Step-by-Step process)
Now you know everything about the process of sublimating a mug. To achieve the best results, you simply need to buy a quality mug. If you have a design in mind, you can give it to your vendor if they offer a design service. If you don’t have a design, you can either use a design template or hire a designer. Good luck and happy sublimating!